Where you are

  1. Homepage
  2. Services
  3. ATLAS Classrooms Services
  4. Videoconference Classroom

Video Conference Facilities in LAS

Departmental video conference rooms LAS faculty, students and staff may be able to reserve

    • Submit requests to the Department of Communication to reserve their videoconference room in Lincoln Hall, which seats up to about 16 (best at 10 or fewer). It may be availalble for full or partial term classes, as well as individual dates. This is a departmental room so use is subject to the department's approval, terms and support.
      • Reservations can be requested - typically for events meeting Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm.
      • Reservation requests must be made at least 3 business days' in advance for distinct dates. Full term should be made well in advance so we can make a test call.
      • Reservations can only be made by UIUC faculty and staff. 
    • Submit requests for full term or distinct date meetings to the School of Literatures, Cultures, & Linguistics to reserva a computer-based conference room in the Foreign Languages Building with a pan/tilt/zoom HD camera and an echo-cancelling speakerphone. You can use Skype for Business or web-based conference apps (like WebEx, Blue Jeans, Zoom, Pexip, etc.). This room seats up to about 8 (best at 4 or fewer). This is a departmental room so use is subject to the department's approval, terms and support.
    • ATLAS does not manage these spaces. You should contact the department above with questions.

Other options

    • Your own computer - try Skype or Skype for Business. Contact ATLAS-SOS if you need software or hardware for your computer. While this might not allow you to connect to conference equipment at other schools, you might still be able to do that with the next service on this list...
    • AITS may be able to provide a bridging service to connect you to other locations using a web browser, Skype for Business, or traditional conference equipment.
    • Consult with OCE Learning Technology Services Team about Elluminate.
    • Contact with CIC representatives for full term CIC classes. They don't rent out a room but might be able to put you in touch with someone.
    • NCSA and the College of Engineering have facilities you may be able to rent or reserve.