ICPSR: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Science Research
ICPSR data is accessible from any computer on the Illinois campus network, including home users on the campus vpn.
Access to ICPSR data provided as a service to the Illinois campus community by the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
Roper Center data is accessible from any computer on the Illinois campus network, including home users on the campus vpn. Login is required. New users may self-register.
Roper Center data includes the popular iPoll collection of US nationwide public opinion surveys.
Access to Roper Center data provided as a service to the Illinois campus community by the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Government Data Repositories
- US Bureau of the Census: http://www.census.gov/
- US Bureau of Justice Statistics: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/bls/proghome.htm
- US Bureau of Transportation Statistics: http://www.bts.gov/
- Canadian Data: http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/datalib/other/findcans.htm
- National Center for Health Statistics: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/
- National Center for Education Statistics: http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/
- CPS Supplement Files at NBER: http://www.nber.org/data/cps.html
- NationalATLAS.gov: http://www.nationalatlas.gov/maplayers.html
Other Publicly Accessible Data
- American National Election Studies: http://www.electionstudies.org
- Pew Research Center: http://pewresearch.org/databank/datasets/
- Chicago Area Geographic Information Study (CAGIS) at UIC: http://www.cagis.uic.edu/
- European Social Survey: http://ess.nsd.uib.no/
- East European Data Archive Network: http://www.gesis.org/en/research/networks/data-infrastructure/edan/
- National Bureau of Economic Research: http://www.nber.org/papers/w15902
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics: http://www.uis.unesco.org/Pages/default.aspx
- International Human Development Indicators: http://hdr.undp.org/en/data/build/